Back To Search
Head of Reward, Insight & Inclusion
- London, UK / Work from Home
- £ 67000-£ 75000 GBP
- Job ID 42826005
This is a very interesting contract opportunity within the Education sector. It is a remote role so location is flexible and will run until March 2022.
As part of the People Services Leadership Team, you will, as Head of Reward, contribute to the overall direction of the unit and represent the broader People Services initiatives. You will be responsible for thought leadership and setting the future direction and delivery of the Reward, Insight and Inclusion portfolio which includes diverse and complex portfolio’s: Reward, Insight, HR Systems, People Services CSR Programme, Policy Team.
You will provide expertise to influence decisions at key senior forums including Vice Chancellor Exec, Remuneration Committee, Core Systems Replacement Delivery Board and the Data Information Governance Group
Reward & Benefits:
Lead and provide strategic direction to the development of pay, reward, recognition and benefits strategies to ensure the adoption of best practice and alignment to the strategic objectives of the University. Ensure reward and benefits strategies (both tangible and non-tangible), policies and reporting comply with Education and public-sector regulations, governance and are legally compliant. Provide expert advice to the leadership and annual remuneration processes ensuring the processes are fair and equitable and in line with the reward strategy.
Ensure a best practice performance management framework that aligns to expected behaviours and recognition and the strategic objectives. Lead the annual performance management process and ensure it is effectively communicated.
Insight & Data:
Define and implement a strategic approach to People data analytics for People Services and the business. Ensuring the provision of Strategic Human Resource management information and performance data. Provide oversight of staff data governance so that it is compliant with legislation (GDPR) and internal processes. Develop a data strategy with quality controls to improve the output of insight that align with the university’s approach to data and better inform decisions. Represent People Services at the Data Information Governance Group.
Accountable for the measurement and future direction of staff engagement. Develop a future focused staff engagement approach that meets the needs of the organisation.
Have oversight on the migration of People data to the new HR system and ensure existing HR systems are maintained and compliant until the new system is in place. Keep abreast of the external environment and ensure the existing HR systems continue to be compliant with data protection principles and related legislation.
Senior Leadership Duties:
As a key member of the senior HR leadership team develop and execute HR strategy plans to ensure close alignment to institutional priorities through strong collaboration and effective team working. Oversee the development, delivery and regular review of the HR unit business plan, budget planning, workforce plans, risk register and equality and widening access plan.
To succeed in this role, you will have proven work experience that demonstrates extensive experience of HR across the various disciplines, in particular, reward. Substantial experience in directly managing a broad HR agenda across complex portfolio’s within Higher Education or the public sector.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Solid understanding of Reward and UK employment law keeping abreast of significant developments that impact upon the workplace.
- Excellent reporting and analysing HR metrics to drive business results along with proven and; reliable business acumen.
- Solid understanding of HR systems and programme delivery.
- Keen customer focus with a willingness to ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind decisions and activities.
- Pragmatic, with the ability to devise right-sized solutions to problems, often with incomplete information.
- Comfort with and the ability to navigate through ambiguity; ability to prioritize multiple work-streams without sacrificing quality.
- Strong results-orientation and sense of urgency with a focus on service delivery; willingness to be hands-on with a "can-do, will-do" attitude.
- Ability to plan and foresee any colleague impact and risks as a result of future initiatives.
For more information and a full job description please contact Jason Willis
Job expiration date 21 Jul 2021